TechGirls Program Design
TechGirls is a full and intensive training program in a safe and secure setting. Participants are involved in university level training, gaining high level skills, and immersing themselves in American culture.
The TechGirls program will:
- Improve participants’ ability to enter tech fields and gain access to higher education.
- Connect TechGirls and TechWomen in mentoring relationships
- Enable participants to implement a concept/idea/model learned during the program in their home country.
- Increase access to resources and networks that support their interests and educational goals.
- Increase participants’ usage of on-line venues for collaboration between U.S. and MENA peers.
- Increase virtual and real -time collaboration on ways to address societal issues (i.e. employment opportunities, engaging youth in service, public health awareness…).
- Increase commitment to civic engagement and participation.
- Equip participants for implementing follow-on activities in their home communities that support their future academic and professional goals in the technology field.
Legacy International works effectively with multi-cultural groups, professionals from various sectors, and people from areas of inter-ethnic and inter-religious turmoil. Our breadth of experience has given us a strong understanding of social, cultural, and religious differences, and the ability to adapt program models to various cultural contexts.